Vacancy Notice in the “Public Oversight over 2017 Parliamentary Elections” project
EXPECTED START DATE/TIME: January 2017
DURATION: up to 6 months with possible extension
The project is funded by the European Union (EU) and National Endowment for Democracy (NED), and implemented by the “Citizen Observer Initiative” as a cooperation between the “Europe in Law Association” NGO and “Transparency International Anti-Corruption Center-Armenia”.
The purpose of the project is to conduct a comprehensive observation mission during 2017 Parliamentary Elections.
The main responsibility of the lawyer will be the implementation of the legal component of the project.
THE MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct series of training for observers and media representatives in accordance with newly adopted RA Electoral Code;
- Provide hot-line consulting for observers and media representatives during the voting day;
- Participate in the electoral complaints filing procedure;
- Prepare necessary legal documents (applications, complaints, claims, appeals, etc.) as required;
- Participate in hearings held at Central and territorial electoral commissions, as well as at the RA Administrative Court;
- Represent the rights of observers and media representatives before electoral commissions and courts;
- Conduct research in the respective field of the legislation, case law including international legal acts;
- Prepare reports on the cases and work carried out.
- Degree in Law;
- At least 2 years work experience in the legal field;
- Experience in the field of administrative law is an asset;
- Experience in the Armenian electoral complaint filing procedure is an asset;
- Experience in conducting research, monitoring and report writing;
- Excellent spoken and written language skills in Armenian;
- Knowledge of English is a strong asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Good organizational skills;
- High sense of responsibility;
- Appropriate inter-personal skills and ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work individually as well as in teams;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to work in stressful environment;
- Ability to work effectively under strict deadlines.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to send their CV-s in English or Armenian to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Please use “Lawyer” as subject of your email.
The deadline for the applications is 15 January 2017 (Interviews are expected in Yerevan on 17 January 2017).
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE:
The Citizen Observer Initiative (established in 2013) is led by Transparency International Anticorruption Center, Europe in Law Association and Journalists’ Club “Asparez” non-governmental organizations to observe the national and local elections in Armenia for their compliance with national legislation and international democratic standards.